Blueberry and Banana Muffin with Rhubarb Lemonade
This recipe will serve four people
Blueberry and Banana Muffin
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 punnets of blueberries
- 2 eggs beaten with whisk until pale
- ½ cup of sour cream whisk it into egg
- ½ cup of melted butter whisk it to mix with egg and sour cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 medium size ripe banana mashed up and then add into the wet mix, whisk to combine
- 1 ½ litre of water
- 300g sugar
- 1 bunch rhubarb chopped
- 5 lemons halved and juiced
- 2 star anise, 1 vanilla pod halved and deseeded
- Sieve all of these into a bowl and set to one side.
- Measure all wet mix in second stainless steel bowl.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients, folding with flat plastic spatula making sure not to overwork the mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries keep a few back for the tops of the muffins.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases and divide the mix. Fill each case almost to the top. Add the remaining blueberries on the top. Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. Try to keep the door closed as this will help the muffins to rise. When the 20 minutes is up, use a small clean knife to check if the muffin cooked. Place the knife into the centre of one of the muffins, if the knife comes out clean they are cooked, if the knife has some of the raw mix, place back into the over, lower the temperature to 150 and cook for another five to ten minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before eating.
- To make the lemonade place all the ingredients into a large pot, bring to the boil, skin off any bubbles that float to the top. Allow to cool, place in the fridge to infuse, the next day pass through a sieve and serve on some ice.