Linguini with Tiger Prawns, Tomato, Lemon and Garlic
This dish serves four people
- 400g linguini pasta
- 20 tiger prawns peeled and deveined
- 80mls olive oil
- 300g plum tomato diced
- 100g cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the pasta in lots of boiling salted water for eight to ten minutes until al dente and run under lots of cold water.
- Put a large heavy based on a medium to high heat. Add the olive oil, when hot, add the diced plum and cherry tomatoes should to fry and not stew. When the tomatoes start to break down add the chopped garlic to the sauce. When the tomatoes have turned into a tomato sauce, add the prawns and shallots, when the prawns turn pink add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta back into some boiling water to re heat. Strain and add to the sauce. Recheck the seasoning and add a little more lemon if needed.
- To plate- Place the pasta in a bowl, finish a little more olive oil.
- Don’t overcook the pasta.
- Try and use ripe tomatoes as they will give you more flavour.