Pan Roasted Sea Trout with Spring Vegetable, New Potato, Olive and Basil Broth
This recipe serves four people
- 4 200g sea trout portions, skin on and pin boned
- 200mls chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- 50g butter
- 2 sprigs of basil picked and chopped
- 50g peas,
- 50g broad beans,
- 50g green beans,
- 50g diced courgette blanched
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 2 tomatoes deseeded and diced
- 50g kale chopped and blanched
- 200g baby new potatoes cooked and sliced
- 50g olives
- Picked dill
- Parsley and chervil
- Place heavy based frying pan on a high heat, season the sea trout with salt and pepper, add some vegetable oil to the pan, carefully place the fish into the pan and pan fry for three mins (until golden) on one side. Place on roasting tray and finish cooking in pre-heated oven at 190 deg for two to three minutes or until cooked through.
- To make the broth place the chicken stock in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes, green vegetables, olives, tomatoes and basil. Season with lemon juice, butter salt and pepper.
- To plate – warm four shallow bowls, divide the vegetables and broth between the bowls. Place the seared sea trout on top of the broth and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and some picked herb salad.
- Put the herbs in some iced water to keep them crisp for the herb salad garnish.
- Make sure the fish is dry and the pan is hot to stop the fish from sticking.
- This dish also works well with any type of fish, ask your fish monger which fish is the freshest.