Roast Rump of Lamb with Celeriac Puree, Baby Carrots and Mint Sauce
This recipe serves four people.
- 4 rumps of lamb
- 1 celeriac
- 30g butter
- 30mls cream
- 12 baby carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 spring rosemary
- 1 bunch mint chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- Half clove garlic chopped
- 60mls olive oil
- 20mls red wine vinegar
- 20g capers
- Salt and pepper
- Place heavy based frying pan on a high heat, season the lamb with salt and pepper, add some vegetable oil to the pan, carefully place the lamb into the pan and seal on all sides, add the cloves of garlic and rosemary. Place on roasting tray and finish cooking in pre-heated oven at 190 deg for seven to eight minutes to cook to medium. Take from the oven and allow to rest for five minutes before carving and plating.
- To make the mint sauce – add all the ingredients to a food processor and buss until you have a fine sauce Peel the carrots and cook in some salted water.
- To make the celeriac cook in some water until tender, strain and puree in a food processor with the cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- To plate – put some of the celeriac puree on the centre of the plate, place the carrots on top, slice the lamb and put on the top of the carrots, drizzle the mint sauce around the plate.
- This dish will also work with lamb cutlets
- Serve with some steamed new potatoes covered with butter and parsley