Slow Cooked Duck Legs with Cannellini and Parmesan Polenta
This recipe will serve four people as a Main
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 3 - 4 hours
- 8 x duck legs
- 2 x carrots
- 2 x red onions
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 3 x sticks diced celery
- 50g butter
- 1 x glass of red wine
- 450g tinned tomatoes
- 1 x tin cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 100mls chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves, picked thyme
- 200g polenta
- 700mls milk
- 50g butter
- 100mls cream
- 100g grated parmesan
- Sear off the duck leg in a hot heavy based pan until golden all round.
- Take the duck out of the pan and set to one side.
- In the same pan add the butter then the onions, carrot, garlic and celery and sauté until soft.
- Add the duck back into the pan along with the wine, tinned tomatoes, cannellini beans, and herbs.
- Place a lid on the pan and cook in an oven at 140 degree for 1.5 hours until soft and tender.
- To make the polenta, bring the milk to a simmer and whisk in the polenta. Cook for 5 minutes until thick and creamy. Add the cream, butter, parmesan and season
- Place a large dollop of polenta in the centre of a bowl place a cooked duck confit on top and spoon over some of the sauce.
- Finish with some extra grated parmesan on top