Grilled Lobster, Tomato Salad, Peppered Crème Fraiche and Rosemary Chips
Serves 4 people
2 lobsters, blanched and split in two
- 200g butter
- 1 clove of garlic chopped or grated finely
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- Zest of half lemon
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 1 bunch spring onion finely sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
Peppered crème fraiche dressing
- 200mls crème fraiche
- 1 tbs crushed pepper
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 kg of potatoes peeled
- Picked 2 rosemary
- 3 tbs grated parmesan
To make the garlic butter combine the butter, garlic, parsley and lemon zest in a bowl and mix together and season
- Cut potatoes into chips and place in cold water to rinse of all starch. Place onto some kitchen towel and dry completely.
- Cook in deep fryer at 160degrees for 6mins (to blanch)
- Adjust the temperature on fryer to 190 and fry chips and rosemary until crispy, drain on a tray with some kitchen paper and season with sea salt.
- Preheat the grill or barbecue to hot. Put on a large pot of boiling water and drop the lobsters in and cook for 2 minutes, this will kill the lobsters quickly. Remove and place into lots of iced water to stop the cooking for 10 minutes.
- Place the lobster on a chopping board. Insert a large, sharp, heavy knife into the cross on the back of the head and cut down towards the tail, cutting it in half. Remove the black intestinal tract (if there is one) that may run through the middle of the tail and discard.
- Hit the claws with the back of your knife which will allow to cook more evenly and easier for your guest to eat
- Rub the lobster meat with plenty of the garlic butter and place on a grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes until
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange on a plate.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with chopped spring onion, season with salt and pepper and dress with olive oil and balsamic.
- Place the cooked lobster on the side.
- Put the chips and crème fraiche in the centre of the table