Roast Duck Breast with Asian Salad and Hoisin Dressing
This recipe serves 4 people as a main course
- 4 duck breasts
- 2 tablespoons toasted seeds
- 200g sprouting broccoli blanched
- 12 spears asparagus blanched
- 2 heads baby gem washed and picked
- 2 red peppers sliced finely
- 10 spring onions sliced finely
- 1 bunch of red radish thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 1 knob ginger finely sliced
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- ½ bunch coriander chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Place a heavy based pan on the stove on medium heat.
- Place the duck breasts in the pan skin side down for 4-5 minutes to get the skin crispy and to help render the fat down.
- Place in the oven and roast for 8 minutes for medium, then rest for a further 4-5 minutes.
- To make the dressing - add the hoisin, lime juice and soy into a bowl and mix, then add the chilli, ginger, and coriander.
- Toss the salad with some of the dressing and place in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the rested duck breast and serve on top.
- Drizzle the dish with a little more dressing and sprinkle with some toasted sesame seeds before serving.