Tagliatelle with Tiger Prawns, Baby Spinach, Lemon and Garlic
Serves 4 people
- 400g tagliatelle pasta
- 20 tiger prawns peeled and deveined
- 80mls olive oil
- 300g plum baby spinach
- Chopped parsley
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the pasta in lots of boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente and run under lots of cold water.
- Put a large heavy based saucepan on medium to high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan, when hot add the tiger prawns. When the prawns start to change colour add the chopped garlic and shallots, saute for a minute and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and lemon to the pan.
- Add the pasta back into some boiling water to re heat. Strain and add to the sauce. Recheck the seasoning and add a little more lemon if needed
Place the pasta in a bowl, finish a little more olive oil
- Prepare all your ingredients before you start to make the dish
- Be careful not to overcook the pasta