Za’atar Chicken Breast, Sweetcorn and Chorizo, Confit Tomatoes and Provençal Dressing
This recipe serves 4 people
- 4 corn-fed chicken breast (leave the skin on)
- 200g of diced chorizo sausage
- 2 corn on the cob
- 8 plum tomatoes. 4 cut in half and 4 diced for the sweet corn and tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 red pepper diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 20g chopped black olive
- Salt and pepper
- ½ bunch of parsley picked and chopped
- 2 tbs of za’atar spice
- 1 lemon
- 60ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ml sherry vinegar
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 2 finely plum tomato
- 1 bulbs of finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbs chopped herbs (thyme, tarragon)
- Salt and pepper
- 1tbs lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 120°c
Marinate the chicken
- Place the chicken breast into a bowl. Add 4tbs of olive oil, 1 clove of crushed garlic and mix them with the za’atar spice and splash of lemon juice then keep it in the fridge for two hours.
- Place four half tomatoes on grease proof paper on a baking tray. Toss with olive oil, dried oregano chopped, thyme, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and pinch of sugar and bake them cut sides up in the pre heated oven until soft - approximately one hour
Sweetcorn and chorizo
- Remove kernels by standing the corn upright on a cutting board. Using a sharp utility or chef’s knife, cut the kernels straight down along the corn cob, freeing numerous rows of kernels at the same time.
- Preheat a large pan to medium heat. Add the diced chorizo, red onion, red pepper and two cloves of crushed garlic with a splash of cooking oil and cook gently for about 3 minutes until the chorizo releases its excess oils. Add the sweet corn and the diced tomatoes, chopped olives, salt, pepper and chopped parsley (remember to remove the crushed garlic).
- Combine the olive oil and sherry vinegar together in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
Cooking the chicken
- Place the chicken breast skin down in a medium heat frying pan and cook for two minutes. Then place in a pre heated oven at 180°c for 12 minutes or until cooked through.