This recipe will serve four people as a main course
Preparation Time: 2 hours
- 800g lean lamb mince
- 2 carrots - diced
- 2 red onions - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - diced
- 3 sticks celery - diced
- 10mls oil
- 1 chilli deseeded and chopped
- 100g red lentils
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs coriander
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- ½ tbs fresh rosemary
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 250mls chicken stock
- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 50g coconut oil
- Spinach, kale, swiss chard or whatever greens you can get and like to eat!
- 1 lemon
- Some toasted seeds, sunflower, pumpkin, flax seed and sesame for garnish
- Sear off the lean lamb mince in a hot heavy based pan until browned and place in a colander to drain any fat. In the same pan, sauté the onions, carrot, garlic and celery until soft. Add the spices and sauté for 2 minutes to release the aroma.
- Add the mince back to the pan along with the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock, lentils and herbs. Place a lid on and cook gently on the stove for 1 hour until soft and tender.
- Place the mince sauce in a heat-proof dish and allow to cool.
- Roast the sweet potatoes on a roasting tray with the skins on in the oven until soft (30 minutes at 180) mash with the coconut oil and season, place on the top of the pie.
- Roast in a 180 degree oven for 30 minutes until the top is crisp, sauté the greens in a little olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and serve on the side