This recipe serves four people as a main course
- 8 fillets of sea bass pin boned
- ¼ cabbage finely sliced
- 200g sprouting broccoli
- 1 tablespoon light soy
- 400mls chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fish sauce to taste
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 1 knob ginger finely sliced
- 4 spring onions finely
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer; add the chopped ginger, spring onion and chilli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with lime juice and fish sauce.
- Finish the broth with the chopped coriander and mint
Steamed sea bass
- Place a piece of greaseproof paper on the bottom of your steamer basket.
- Place on the fillets of sea bass
- Neatly arrange the fillets on cabbage and broccoli and drizzle with light soy.
- Steam for 4 to 5 minutes over a wok of boiling water.
Carefully lift the sea bass and vegetables into the bowl and pour the broth over the fish and vegetables
- This dish also works well with sea bream, mackerel or salmon. If you are using salmon, allow 8-10 minutes for the salmon to steam
- This is a very healthy way to eat fish
- Ask your fish monger to scale and pin bone the fillets for you