Tray roasted turbot with tomato, red pepper, olives and potato
This recipe serves four people
- 4 x 180g turbot fillet
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots finely sliced
- 200g of cooked and sliced new potatoes
- 150g peeled red peppers chopped
- 100g pitted olives
- Good splash olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Place heavy based frying pan on a high heat.
- Season the turbot with salt and pepper and add some vegetable oil to the pan.
- Carefully place the fish into the pan and pan fry for three minutes (until golden) on one side. Place to one side on a plate.
- Use the same pan to make the sauce. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to pan, sauté the shallots for two minutes with no colour, add the chopped cherry tomatoes, sauté until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and season with salt and pepper, add the potatoes, olives, basil and place the fish on top of the sauce.
- Cook in a 180 degree oven for 10 minutes
- To plate – put some of the garnish and sauce on the plate, place the cooked turbot on top of and spoon more of the sauce over the fish and serve
- Ask your fish monger to fillet and skin the fillets for you
- This sauce/garnish works very well with all types of fish, lemon sole, Dover sole or salmon
- If you can get fresh peas use them but frozen peas work well too