- 2 leeks washed and diced
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 chilli deseeded and diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tin tomato
- 1.5lt chicken stock
- 200g yellow or red lentils
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken legs cooked and picked
- Chopped coriander
Pour the olive oil in a heavy based pot, sauté the leeks and onions until soft; add the garlic, chilli and curry powder, sauté for a further 2 minutes season with salt and pepper.
Add the diced lentils, tinned tomatoes and chicken stock, simmer for 40 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. Add the cooked flaked chicken and warm through and season with salt and pepper.
Finish with the chopped coriander before serving.
- This is a perfect soup to make with any leftover chicken from a roast dinner
- This recipe also freezes very well
- If you don’t like the soup to be spicy don’t add in the chilli