Objectives & Targets
We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Tourism Industry. To this end, The Marker Hotel are committed to taking the following action:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our objectives, targets and planned actions
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation
- To minimize our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible
- To reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts through smart metering on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets
Green Hospitality Targets & Objectives 2019
- To reduce our Energy consumption by 15% and reduce Carbon Emissions by 900 Tonnes.
- To monitor our electrical and gas consumption through smart metering.
- To convert out remaining lighting to LED by years end.
- To reduce the food and general waste we send to landfill by 50 Tonnes.
- To engage with our suppliers to reduce packaging by 15%.
- To increase usage of recycled paper products to 35% of all paper/cardboard purchased.
Community Social Responsibility
- To continue our involvement with local charities