Whipped Ardsallagh Goats Cheese with Blood orange, Beetroot, Rocket and Candied Pecan Salad
This recipe serves four
- 200g soft goat’s cheese
- 50mls milk
- 3 blood oranges- segmented
- 4 cooked beetroot
- 100g rocket
- 30mls Newgrange rapeseed oil
- 10mls balsamic
- 100g pecan nuts
- ½ egg white
- 20g caster sugar
- To cook the beetroots - place on a tray on a bed of sea salt and bake at 150 degrees for one hour or until soft and tender. The reason we cook on a bed of salt is to extract all the water from beetroot. When cooked allow to cool, peel and slice.
- To make the candied pecans- Toss the nuts in the egg white and caster sugar. Place on a lined baking tray making sure that the nuts are spread out evenly. Bake in an oven at 180 degrees until golden brown. When they cool they will crisp up. Peel and segment the orange. Whip the goat’s cheese with a whisk with the milk. This is just to change the texture and make it a little creamier.
- To plate – place the sliced beetroot in the centre of the place dollop some of the goats cheese in the centre of the beets with a hot spoon. Toss the blood orange with rocket, dress with balsamic and rapeseed oil. Scatter the candied pecans around the plate.
This dish is perfect for brunch or lunch
If you are having a BBQ plate on a large platter and serve in the centre of the table
You can also use golden beetroot if you can bet them